1. About Keep it Out
Keep it Out is a campaign managed by Fresh. Fresh is the dedicated tobacco programme for the North East of England. We are hosted by County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust and commissioned by North East local authorities as well as the North East North Cumbria Integrated Care Board.
For further details about Fresh please visit www.fresh-balance.co.uk.
In line with *General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we have a duty to protect personal information we collect about you and this privacy statement explains how we do this.
2. What information do we collect?
We may collect the following personal information about you:
- Photographs/media/PR. Personal information, such as a person’s photograph or their name and age, may from time to time be featured on our website, in campaigns and PR but only after explicit consent is obtained from the persons involved. Consent is requested through a photography consent form issued by us or our approved **media agencies
3. How we use your information
We use information provided through cookies to understand how you are using the site to enable us to ensure it is designed and functioning in the best way possible, as aforementioned in section 2.
If giving information about the sale of illegal tobacco using our “anonymous reporting” form, this process is intended to be anonymous, and we don’t want to know your name for this purpose. We do not attempt to track or trace personal information about the person filling in the forms. You might provide us with information about an offender, potential offender, victim or other person, and this information will be forwarded to Trading Standards Services to be processed for the purposes of the prevention or detection of crime, or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders
The images of children smoking and young people involved in crime are actors and have appeared on this website with their full consent.
We will never sell or trade personal information to third parties.
4. Hyperlinks to other sites
Our website may contain hyperlinks to other third party or affiliated websites.
This privacy statement covers this website only so if you link to other websites, you should read the website’s own privacy statement.
This website is not used for direct marketing or direct communications.
6. How do we keep your personal information safe?
We look after any personal information carefully and undertake several robust security measures:
- We prevent unauthorised access to, or use or disclosure of it, by restricting who has access to it
- Our staff receives regular data protection training
- We have a set of detailed data protection procedures which staff are required to follow when handling personal data
- We only store personal information so long as it is required for the purpose(s) we collected it for and we regularly review what information we store and appropriately dispose of that which is no longer necessary
- We regularly update our computers and electronic systems with appropriate fire-wall protection and anti-virus software
We cannot absolutely guarantee the security of the internet or external networks of a user’s own device
7. Your rights
We want our website users to remain in control of their personal information and to ensure this is accurate and up to date.
You can inform us if any information we have for you is incorrect or incomplete and you also have the right to request a copy of your information at any time.
You also have the right for any information we hold to be deleted.
You can request any of the above by contacting us via the contact details provided in section one of this privacy statement.
For further details about data protection or privacy rights, you can view the following websites or contact the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, which oversees data protection compliance in the UK:
8. Updates to this statement
We regularly review this privacy statement. When we do, we will revise the date shown. We encourage users to check this page regularly to stay informed of any changes and how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect.
This policy was last updated on 21st February 2024.
*From 25 May 2018, GDPR replaces the former EU data protection law. For further details please see https://www.eugdpr.org/
** Gardiner Richardson and StoryUK are approved and contracted media agencies to Fresh and Balance. These organisations provide media and campaigns services on our behalf and in doing so, we will from time to time share personal data with them in order for us to carry out our business and provide services. However, we will only do so with your consent.
Newcastle upon Tyne
10 Summerhill Terrace,
Newcastle upon Tyne